We have served and continue to serve single traveler to groups of dozens on private, business, VIP, pilgrimage and customised trips. As you plan to travel, here are some important information in order to get into Bhutan
HOW TO GET TO BHUTAN
Visitors must come through one of registered tour companies in Bhutan such as Chapell Tours & Treks and will arrange your entire tour.
Getting to Bhutan is as simple as ordering at your favourite restaurant. Here is how you do it:
- Choose one of the tour program from the option listed in our tours page or contact us for a tailor made program with the areas and places of interest, dates and duration of the visit.
- After reviewing your interest and needs, we will work out a suitable itinerary and forward the same to you along with tour invoice.
- After receiving the itinerary and the cost, you are required to make full tour payment in advance and upon receipt of full payment, Chapell Tours & Treks will process visas with the government.
- We will make all your travel arrangements and email you a copy of your visa clearance letter along with all the information you will need to travel to Bhutan, practical information on Bhutan, health risks, etc.
Best Time to Travel
Visitor can choose to visit anytime of the year, depending on one’s interest. Spring (March-May) is considered the best time to visit Bhutan for touring and trekking when magnificent wildflowers are in bloom and birdlife is abundant. Summers (June-August) also attract visitors but vistors should expect a bit of rain but the weather is pleasant. Autumn (September-November) is the ideal time for high altitude trekking going over 4000 meters when skies are generally clear and the high mountain peaks rise to a vivid blue sky. Winter (December-February) is also good time for touring in western Bhutan, bird watching in the subtropical jungles in the south, and white water rafting.
Travellers travelling to Bhutan can enter into this exotic tiny Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan by Land and Air only.
Fly by Air: The most convenient way of entering Bhutan is by Druk Air or Bhutan Airlines. You can catch flights Bangkok, Singapore, Dhaka,Kathmandu or from any Indian cities of Mumbai, Guwhati, Bagdogra, Delhi and Kolkata but flight timings and frequency vary according to season. Please check the airlines website for the latest information when planning your travel arrangement or contact us for information. Flying in and out of Bhutan is an unforgettable experience, whichever route you take!
Travel by Land: Arrival/departure by land is also possible, through the southern border town of Phuntsholing. The nearest airport is at Bagdogra, West Bengal about 4 hours drive away. The travel time for the 175 Km stretch from Phuntsholing to Thimphu can be more than six hours. Phuntsholing is a convenient entry/exit point for travelers wishing to visit the Indian states of Sikkim and West Bengal along with Bhutan. It is sometimes possible to arrange land exit from Bhutan through the southeastern border town of Samdrup Jongkhar, which is approximately 3 hours drive from Guwahati, capital of the Indian state of Assam. Please check with us if you are interested in this route out.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- Within 60 days of the start of the tour program- Free
- Within 45 days – 10% of the rate
- Within 30 days – 15% of the rate
- Within 21 days – 30% of the rate
- Within 14 days or cancellation without notice – 50% of the rate
- Within 7 days – 100%